Sunday, March 25, 2007

Withdrawl

I decreased my time at the computer last week, but you know what I discovered?

I may be an addict.

This is going to be harder than I thought. When I noticed my boys were interested in "Dragon Tales" for a few minutes I rushed to check my e-mail and maybe a blog or two or twenty seven (the number of blogs saved on my sidebar). When the kids went outside to play, I would just peek again, quickly. Then during naptime, I might just see if anyone had commented on my comments. Am I so starved for adult interaction? Can I beat the cravings? Is there a blogging patch?

Or maybe we should consider an alternate approach. Could all of you clever, articulate, thought-provoking bloggers (and I think you know who you are) please stop being so darn witty? Or at least so darn prolific? Give a girl a break!

Here's to a new week.

9 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

I am just as bad! I will tell myself that I am just going to spend 5 minutes on the computer, then 45 minutes have gone bad! Addicted?? You bet!

Carrot Jello said...

The blogging patch: Get some scotch tape and wrap it around all the fingers on your right hand. Then with your thumb and taped fingers, do the same to your left hand. Voila!

i i eee said...

Haha! It's so addicting, isn't it? Me oh my.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and wishing me a happy birthday!

Reluctant Nomad said...

I'm addicted. I've tried to wean. It hasn't worked. So, I have just embraced it for what it is: A pleasant distraction and a creative outlet. Oh well...maybe I'll try harder later.

dalene said...

You know there is research that proves your very point. It is addicting! And I agree--too many clever bloggers and not enough time in the day!

I blog instead of watching TV. I blog a lot when I am sick. But it's still hard to find a balance.

Good luck!

Jennifer B. said...

toni --yep, that's me too.

carrot-thannkls fot thhhe tipx. i thiknk itsdd workinngggf.

meta --thanks for stopping by. How was your birthday?

Maralise -- it can be a great thing for me--in moderation. Tuesday night at our Visiting Teaching Conference I read this quote. "Distractions don't have to be harmful, if they keep you from doing what you should be doing."
Ouch. I'm afraid that's been true for me just a little too often--but I'm doing better!

Thanks CW -- I'm trying!

Rebecca said...

it's dangerous, isn't it? I just started a blog a few days ago and have not moved far from the computer since!

Carrot Jello said...

*looks around*
It'll be a week tomorrow. Are you ever coming back?

Anonymous said...

you cracked me up when i read your ... "Is there a blogging patch?" too funny. i am enjoying this too much, not sure if this is just a new fad for me (first hopped onto a blog recently, the day of our church fire 22mar, because the link listed all kinds of on-going information about our fire and the aftermath). i see this blog thing as a type of journal ... the handcart pioneers would never have imagined some new fangled computer to use to write journals instead of the handwritten stuff.

anyhow, enjoy yourself this day and don't be too hard on yourself :)